Do you love listening and wrangling all of the things that go into building and delivering a great product? Do you want to join a professional, supportive team that values balance and continual learning? Do you thrive in scrappy, innovative environments? Are you excited to contribute to a company on a mission to strengthening democracy by building the future of community news?
Indiegraf is seeking a skilled Product Manager to join Indiegraf’s growing technology team. This full-time role is responsible for setting and executing Indiegraf's Wordpress product vision and strategy. This is a Senior Management role that reports directly to the CTO ideal for someone motivated to grow as a leader at a fast-growing, mission-driven company.
This role is remote and open to candidates in Canada or the United States. An office is available to team members based in Vancouver and Toronto.
- Manage a small team of developers/designers;
- Build a deep understanding and empathy for Indiegraf developers, publishers, sales and implementation teams;
- Drive vision and strategy for Indiegraf’s Wordpress product;
- Manage, define and own the product backlog using best Agile and Scrum practices;
- Set clear expectations on projects, product launches and coordinated release plans;
- Coordinate and prioritize publisher requests and bug reports;
- Manage the product roadmap and releases, including collaborating with the marketing team to communicate releases to publishers and prospects where appropriate;
- Understand the competitive landscape; and
- Track product success through identification and implementation of OKRs and KPIs.
Key skills and competencies
- Understanding of web development
- Technical writing skills
- Knowledge of UX best practices
- Ability to effectively communicate to both technical and non-technical teams.
- Strong time management skills
- Flexible to shifting priorities as Indiegraf works toward product-market fit.
- High attention to detail and experience leading multiple, contending priorities simultaneously.
Education and experience
- 3+ years working as a product manager;
- Technical background with the Wordpress framework;
- Understanding of DevOps tools and command of automation; and
- Experience in the media industry, an asset.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has 2 direct reports.
We would love to consider you for this role if you:
- love learning and sharing. We believe that constantly testing, gathering data and listening to feedback drives innovation. You are willing to learn and share with humility and are obsessed with seeking feedback to refine your work.
- are committed to equity and inclusion. Indiegraf is on a mission to change who owns media so that it better serves everyone. We want to work with people who are mindful of the power dynamics in everything they do and who contribute to an equitable work environment.
- are energized by growth. Creating more efficient systems and processes is your thing. Being part of a big, ambitious vision excites you. You love taking chances and being accountable to goals. You value clarity and direct feedback.
- are always seeking ways to do things more efficiently. Indiegraf is scaling a network of independent news outlets that can succeed in markets where traditional news models fail because they are more efficient. Our team is obsessed with replicability, scalability and cost efficiency.
- value a healthy work culture. We are a mission-driven, female-led company shaking up legacy news media dynamics. We work hard and unplug most weekends and during vacations. You want to contribute to a great culture that makes our team love Mondays. We are collaborative, and strive to win together as a team.
Benefits of working for Indiegraf:
- Competitive salary, based on experience;
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits after three months;
- Participation in Employee Stock Option Plan after three months;
- Flexible vacation and paid sick day policies;
- Professional development budget and opportunities to grow; and
- Commitment to an equitable, collaborative and connected work environment that nurtures our team’s well-being.
We are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive company. We encourage candidates with a range of perspectives, abilities, backgrounds and experience to apply.